A guiding principle of Southshire is enabling access and equity for all children to benefit from our educational approach in a highly responsive way. To be successful in this goal, we rely on an annual fundraising appeal. We welcome your financial support of our school.
This year has been a challenge for everyone. COVID-19 has forced us all to rethink how we do the things that are most important to us. Southshire is no different. Last spring we dismissed school and learned just how different remote learning is when compared to “the Southshire way.” Based on that experience we all worked hard to carefully plan for a return to school in-person.
- Everyone is wearing a facial covering, washing hands, maintaining physical distance and staying home when sick.
- We renovated the barn into an insulated, heated space to provide more room to spread out and maintain physical distancing.
- We added portable room air cleaners in each room.
- We installed heat recovery ventilators to bring in fresh air and exhaust the inside air without losing heat.
- We built handwashing stations to allow for more students to wash their hands more frequently.
- We implemented health screenings at the door.
- We added staff in the form of a teachers’ aide and extra cleaning personnel.
This required long hours, careful thought, and dedicated follow-through on the part of teachers, staff, parents, and volunteers.
It also required investing money in what we believe in… the connections and growth that happen when we come together at Southshire.
Help us recover some of this investment by considering a donation to the Annual Fund this year using the PayPal buttons below.
Barn Restoration / COVID-19 Fund
After many years and many ideas, COVID-19 led us to action in restoring the old barn. It is now insulated and heated and used daily for morning group and other activities. This came at a large cost and we could use your help with a donation. More information is available here.
To donate to the Barn Renovation / COVID-19 project, please click the button below.
In 2021 we will formalize a financial aid program to improve access to Southshire for all children and their families regardless of financial means. To do this we have set a fundraising goal of $30,000.
To make a donation specifically in support of the Financial Aid program, please click the button below.
We welcome contributions in any amount for any reason. We still have the usual costs of running the school. Undesignated gifts will be used to support the general operation of the school. We also welcome contributions of time and experience if you have an interest in being directly engaged with our school community.
To make a General Donation, please click the button below.